Monday, February 7, 2011

Days 9 and 10: Something I'm proud of, A story of a past relationship



It seems a little weird to be puffing myself off here, but I'll tell you that in 5th grade I set the record time for the mile run for girls at my school, good ole' Joaquin elementary. I am embarrassed to say that even years later I checked to see if my name was still on the little plastic letter board in the hallway. Yep. My record stood...til they tore the school down. No one can ever beat me now HA!
(disclaimer: it was a freak year. I am now not at all gifted at running.)

Okay now. Past relationship. This is also quite embarrassing. I went through a very stupid stage and dated someone not quite stable. I quickly realized this and broke up with him. To try to win me back he emblazoned my first and middle names in a scrolling cursive tattoo script across his forearm and decided to show it to me months after breaking up at a restaurant where I happened to go to lunch during my break from work. No. I didn't agree to meet him, nor did I tell him where I was. This was quite frightening. Then he wanted to be friends. I don't think so.

5 comments:

  1. I miss that elementary school *sigh*. That playground is where Jared and I had our first kiss, and now our special spot is turned to rubble.

    And, you're in good company. I had a boyfriend kind of like that too once...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good o' joquin. I remember mr branson making me run until my side hurt. I recall getting a naughty checkmark by my name on the chalkboard if I stopped to walk. As the school champion I bet you could handle that kind of pressure. :) My fond memory of your weirdo boyfriend was that he purchased me a u2 cd on my 16th birthday. I think he had alterior motives when he did that, like winning your heart through the little sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's another part of the embarrassment, Lindsay. No. A resounding one. He was just skater-y and I was in rebel mode. I think he resembles closely the blonde dude on karate kid that is the meany.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Creepy dude! Awesome for the record though! :)

    ReplyDelete