Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 28- A picture of you last year and now, how have you changed since then?

This is me last year when I was a mom to Babs and a foster mom to Claus and Bitty. How have I changed? Well. Now mom to five-which has been a sharp learning curve, let me tell you. I have become the queen of multitasking. I used to think I was a nice person. Now I know otherwise, because when you are tired and frustrated and all seems to be combining against you and your family-then you find out the kind of person you really are. So, I would say that I am now more aware of my weaknesses and am working on them. I have also learned how to ask for help-still despise doing it-but I have to lower my pride and let my family, husband, and friends take the load off sometimes. I have learned that Heavenly Father has a plan for my family and that things work out for a reason-or don't work out-sometimes according to our own choices and sometimes for reasons unknown to us. Yet through it all, I have felt a comfort that what was happening was right, even though it was hard.
Superficially, I have shorter hair-yet essentially the same hairstyle (if you could call it such) as I ever have had. I'm a little bit heftier and more out of shape-except my bulging forearms from carrying Goosie. I live in a different location and have felt like I lost a lot of my support group in my hometown, but am making it just fine.


5 comments:

  1. You also forgot to state that the new people around you find you amazing, and often stalk you on family outings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a really good picture of you! you look beautiful with those two girlies. it's good to see that bitty was willingly sharing you at that moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart you. The past (almost) two years that we have known each other have been difficult and amazing. I am so lucky to have you in my life. You are one of (if not the one) my best friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this picture too. You look just like you did when we were young and thoughts of taking care of children were so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I used to think I was a nice person."

    I've thought the same thing about myself many times in the last several years. Stress does that. But, the fact that you are working on it and want to change it-- that's proof that you are a good one in and of itself, me thinks. Loves!

    ReplyDelete