Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 19: Nicknames I have

We have previously explained Auld Lang Syne-very versatile and you can use it in other ways than just a noun as in "Loving the Auldness"

My dear friend Emily has always called me Mace-a-moo. No idea where. Maybe I am occasionally bovine?

Connie at the Plasma center calls me Mae.

Grandpa W. called me either Cottontop or Long Shanks for obvious reasons. I think I closely resembled a Q-tip with white blonde hair and the longest daddy-long-legs you ever saw-very thin. (I dream about my ease of thin-ness, now.)

As a young child, my mom called me Suzi-Q.

My friend Rachel, "thith one", calls me Thenor or "that one", the same nicknames that I call her. Long story.

My hubby sometimes calls me M'deary-our little endearment for one another after watching an old movie while dating, that I can't recall right now.

And now I am bugged. I am TOO YOUNG, I tell you, to be having old age "moments" of forgetfulness. It happens all to often. Now I have to go track down the name of that movie before I forget my own name, nick or otherwise.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how I missed this one! I love it. :) Nicknames are so fun!

    ReplyDelete