Friday, June 18, 2010

So we finally have a house, sort of.

We have made an offer and been accepted on this short sale home, but you can see that it is not livable and really, folks, someone needs to invent scent associated photos. It just doesn't do justice to the mess only to view it. You need a little scent of rat poo, never vacuumed carpets, barf on the wall and molding (or not-look at those four month old puff cheetohs! Even the rats didn't eat them!) food. Even though our offer was accepted, we still haven't signed papers. They have to release it from the bankruptcy and other paperwork sillies. Hopefully within a week! We have been allowed to clean it and work in the yard and sadly we have all ready filled two dumpsters and have Mt. Garbage erected in the driveway that will probably fill another two. We can't start any destruction or construction until the paperwork is signed and so we've been working in the yard which could have been cover for any number of corpses. No one would ever know! We found all manner of items to add to the previously mentioned Mt. G which is a double driveway wide and taller than I am. Poor Sis-in-law chose to scoop up seven years of dog poo from the kennel in the back-owe her big-time! I only have pics of the inside, but hopefully more later. I just give you a few, but know that I spent one whole day just bagging garbage from inside the home.






Yes. This is a dead mouse. I reverence him because he freaked out the lady who came through to determine the cost of the house and I am sure made the price come down . Lovely little vermin! I gave him a funeral:)

In the middle of all our home buying, adoption and subsequent going to the temple to be sealed, we thought it would be fun to go camping. Here's the crew. We actually decided to get a different campsite, so this isn't even it. I thought life would be easier if we camped in a trailer, but who knew that those slippery sleeping bags were so noisy. I remember seeing sunrise and thinking "I haven't even fallen asleep yet!" Also, Claus was nauseated, which heralded a nice bout of stomach flu for us and the cousins. I think it will be a while before we camp again. Oh, I am all about the day hikes but this momma needs sleep!

Who has time to fish in the middle of all this? Why M'deary does! It makes him happy as you can see. I just had to get a pic of him in his waders. Looks a little goofy if you ask me, but he's got a nice stance. Look out fishies!

6 comments:

  1. The toilet! Holy crap! Literally.

    What a wonderful dead mouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun escape, you mean! lol

    I'm amazed you guys were able to see the potential of a home in such a condition. You really must be saints! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys are awesome. BRAVE and awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you are all working hard, but I hope you take lots more pictures of the process of making this ...structure a home for your children. Also I followed your comment on facebook to someone's garden, it was lovely and almost made me want to own a home to have the chance to create something so fanciful.-kps

    ReplyDelete
  5. How in the world do you do it. You are AMAZING. Both of you.

    I've secretly always wanted to buy a really disgusting house and fix it up. Lots of work, but wouldn't the end result be so satisfying? Plus, as much mess as little kids make, you would be comforted in the fact that your house will never be as bad as it was! Glad I found your site :)

    ReplyDelete