Thursday, June 24, 2010

Niblets and lovin's

You should all be aware by now that my Babs has the yummiest niblets around. These are the fat little lobes of her ears that just require a nibble. She informs me that they are in season this time of year and will sometimes allow the momma a nibble. I hate it that as the kiddies get older you get so much less cuddle time. She makes such a present of each little hug that it is so cute to see her condescending to give me one because she knows I want it.

I am also just a little teary to share that spontaneous little affections from my adopted children can just melt my heart. To have Claus play with my hair or Bryguy pat my cheek or Bitty just curl up in my lap is about the best thing ever. Goosie is probably the most affectionate of all now, which is coming so far from her reactive behavior eight months ago. She wouldn't even let me touch her hands or face without jerking away and crying. She wouldn't be held face to face and would arch her body away and there was no eye contact whatsoever. I was so worried. Now she is a hugging machine. She loves to do it and if I am holding her and pretend a sad face when singing "If you chance to meet a frown" she will smack her lips (a kiss) and tenderly whap my back and lean her chubby cheek in for a hug. Sooooo cute. I know most moms may take this for granted. I cherish them so much because there has been such a dearth of affection for so long. I worried and prayed and worked. Thank you for your niblets and lovin's, dear children. They are a big deal.

2 comments:

  1. Oh i'm so glad that they are showing the affection you've been waiting for!!! that is wonderful indeed. and you must not forget to write about goosie's prayer tonight- that is coming a long way too :) you are a good mommy and you deserve a plethora of affection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful! i'm so glad they are showing you the affection you've been waiting for! i am so excited to see them and get some affection for myself. i get a lot with my little toots, but more would be all the better!

    ReplyDelete