Friday, March 18, 2011

Repurposing and stuff

Sometimes when I get too bored or tired with a situation, I get silly. We have been neverendingly sick as previously posted. I am done with that.

M'deary came dragging out of bed one day and I have been noticing his raggedy shirt that he won't get rid of because it's "soft". He even wears it inside out lest a seam should rough him up. He has been wearing this same sleeping shirt raggedy for a year or two and it had gaping holes. He was a bit grouchy when I ripped a piece off and put it on his head. What? I just explained the situation with sick. I needed a release and he kindly took it.
He is a good man to find the humor and I promised him a brand new "soft" shirt that would actually be a shirt and not a wearable rag pile. (see he had to cut the cuffs off too because they were all frayed and stringy)

Don't worry, though. Babs with her hoarding tendencies has repurposed the beloved shirt and turned it into a cape which looks marvelous with her vampire teeth.
"N stuff: The boys needed haircuts in the worst way but ol' waste not want not dictates that I buzz them instead of shelling out cash for haircuts. I only know how to buzz, not cut-unfortunately. But we did have fun mohawking for a minute.

More stuff: Even though we were still recovering, a very nice hint-of-spring-around-the-corner day came and we dragged our snotty noses outside. Because we had to. There is only so much indoors that a person can handle. Bryguy in his new coat.
We then discovered in our what we thought was dormant garden a TREASURE!

For much of the afternoon we harvested carrots from last years garden. I thought they would be frozen and thawed mushy, but who knew? Sometimes they can grow in the winter which will change my strategy for planting this spring.

At first, Babs did NOT want her picture taken....

But then I told her how cute she was and she quickly perked up.

These two divas would rather watch and hold the bounty buckets.

Goosie has a new prediliction for screaming. Fun, fun.
Claus is cute as can be and was having a grand time.
Just have to post another Bryguy because will so seldom cooperate with looking+smiling at the same time at the camera. I think every combination of these two I have quickly loaded onto this blog because it happens so seldom.
Here's Bitty with the bounty. Yummy.

6 comments:

  1. blah.. i feel like we are on re-runs at this point with this sickness. i hope we all get better soon! i should ease up and let my littles outside more. let the grass take care of the snot and cough-spittle for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for more blue skies! So sorry you guys have had a rough winter. At least you have the cutest kids. :)
    I think onions and potatoes grow in the winter too...and maybe even spinach...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our zoo botany teacher used to have us harvest the carrots every year when the spring started, they are better then. :) I love the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures of the kiddies!
    I love that your deary understands that you still adore him though you snapped at the rag( wearing things out runs in the family). We just purchased a loan for a van, yet I can't seem to keep my son in pants without holes in the knees, my daughter in shoes that aren't falling apart, and myself in clothes that don't look like they were made twenty years ago. I love that babs hordes, so does our eldest. I gave her a garbage bag to clean out her space that was overflowing and it only had a few items including a ten min discussion why a three week old balloon needed to go. I love that you were happy about the amazing way carrots stay fresh in the ground ( I think turnips and parsnips would too, and yum...roasted veggies. I love how you coax smiles and delight in the boys and coddle the little ones. I love how you are real, and trying, and that you shared it so I can be your friend online. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. When she saw the pic of Goosie screaming Ahsha said "Look! Its me!" Yeah-- mine's a screamer too!

    ReplyDelete